Popular Posts

Friday, April 15, 2011

LIttle Things

I follow the vampire diaries books and show. well, when i watch or read something that i like alot i research it. a book water for elephants i looked up great circus disaster's. the vampire diaries the show the brothers were turned during the civil war era, where i live in a small town in northern fl there was the olustee battle that took place during the civil war. I found out all different kinds of neat stuff about the town that i live in.
History is important how do you know where your going if you don't know where your from.

Well back to what i started out to talk about i want to make this a better place for my children if you compare our country to even 50 years ago. this country has gone down the shitter. I thought what can one person do but if each one person would make a effort things could change.when researching the vampire diaries damon is my fav of course. Ian Somerhalder has a foundation dedicated to environment and animals for our future and the future of our children. i like what there foundation has to offer and it made me think what can i do. I noticed that at publix where i shop they have a big box thing that you can put your used publix bags. I for one have a holder for just such a thing but once its full i just through out the rest of the bags. No more i store them up for about a month and i take them back to publix or i fold and roll them together for our local library who uses the bags for people with alot of books. I bought reusable bags for the food too not alot of them but a few.Any little can help.
 Also in my family i drink a hellish amount of mtn. dew and my husband has his. we've always thrown away the cans now i'm recycling.little things could help if more people made an effort. i use to be a girl scout and a girl scout leader and one of the things we teach is to leave a place nicer than when you came... If more people thought this way and paid attention then the very air we breath wouldn't be threatened....if you want to make a differnce check out isfoundation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment